Friday, September 01, 2006

Ideas, Politics and Culture in the Age of 3 Worlds.


Radio Bandung is a one-hour spoken word show broadcasting at 101.9 fm (or online at www.cfrc.ca) every Thursday from 5:00-6:00 pm on the campus of Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. The show features in-studio debates and interviews with politically engaged scholars from a wide variety of backgrounds as a way to bring the cultural and intellectual history of global resistance and radicalism to a broad public audience. At times we will revisit classic texts, such as Frantz Fanon’s The Wretched of the Earth or Edward Said’s Orientalism, and ask if they still remain relevant today. On the other hand, our hour might be spent discussing contemporary culture, focusing on how art, film, literature, sport and television informs both past and present radical moments.

Quiet Down! Tune In! Listen Up! Radio Bandung has a sound to make starting September 14th at 5:00 pm on 101.9 fm and www.cfrc.ca

1 Comments:

Blogger ChangeMe said...

You know, I always hear about things I'd like to watch or listen to, but then I can never remember to actually tune in.

Maybe it would be a good idea if there was an ability to sign up for an email reminder or something? I mean, I don't have PDA or anything else that will remind me, but I do check my email all the time...

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home